Saturday, 22 March 2008

My Wedding Bouquet

For our wedding I tried to come up with a different idea for the brides maids dresses.  And on the other hand, I couldn't decide on one colour either.  So I decided to go with a different colour for each brides maid.  The groomsmen would then each wear a coloured vest that would correspond to the girls dress that they would be standing with.

So I picked out a custom dress style from a shop owned by a good family friend.  She could make these dressed in an array of different colours as well as make matching full piece vests for the men.  We picked out 5 colours that were all very different but went nice together and then I just needed to tie the colours into my bouquet.

So we went with a base bouquet of a combination of whitish flowers and tried to pick a Gerber daisy to match each fabric.  We were able to find the pink, yellow and green Gerber daisies but the blue and purple were a bit tricky.  We finally went with a purpley blue poppy which was great because poppies have some what of an importance in our family.

The Finished Product

All in all I was and am delighted with how the bouquet and the dress colours worked out!

Be Inspired...

Get Creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment